We’re so glad that your teen is interested in starting with Talkspace. If your teen is a minor in a state that requires parental/legal guardian consent for starting therapy, we require you to affirm your consent both via video message (verbally) and text message on the Talkspace app, in the presence of your teen. Our Consultation Therapists and our Customer Support team can provide more detail about the step-by-step requirements for this process.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Articles in this section
- What is Talkspace about?
- How can Talkspace improve my life?
- I’m a parent/guardian of a teen using Talkspace. Can I talk to my teen’s therapist and access information about their progress?
- I’m a parent/guardian of a teen interested in starting Talkspace therapy. How do I grant them consent?
- Can a minor sign up for Talkspace?
- Is Talkspace covered by insurance?
- Do you offer Couples Therapy?
- What if I don’t really like typing everything out?
- When will the therapist respond to me?
- Can I use Talkspace if I am outside of the USA?