We’re delighted you’ve joined Talkspace. An overview of Talkspace is provided below to support your navigation of the platform. Please keep in mind your experience may vary depending on the type of account or plan you have, but you should have access to the features covered below.
When you first log in, you will see the left panel that includes your nickname (where you'll find the settings for your account), Rooms, Helpful tips, and Tools.
Click image to enlarge
- Personal information - where you can update your Name, DOB, Home address, and Emergency contact information.
- Login and security - where you can change your Nickname, Email, Password, Phone number and enable Two-factor authentication (2FA).
- View Payment and plan - where you can view and update your payment information, see your current plan and billing cycle information, change provider, view superbills, pause therapy, change plan, and stop subscription renewal.
- Update my coverage - where you can complete a brief questionnaire to apply or change your employee or insurance benefits, or switch to self-pay.
- Add a new service - where you can add therapy, psychiatry, and couples services.
- Change provider - where you can switch provider and find a new match.
- Starred messages - where you’ll find conversations you marked as important.
- Shared Files - where you can view and open files that were shared between you and your provider.
- Notifications (available under the Mobile app section on the app) - where you can adjust your notifications preferences for Account updates, Room activity, Session reminders, Superbills, and Marketing communications.
- Fullscreen writing (app only) - if enabled, you will have the option to type messages in fullscreen in your room(s). This feature can be helpful if you’re writing long messages.
- Read receipts (available within the Notification settings on the website) - if enabled, you’ll see the status of the messages.
- One gray check = Message sent
- Two gray checks = Message delivered
- Two green checks = Message read
On the app version, you can also set up or change the passcode for the Talkspace app under the Mobile app settings.
Other actions that you can perform on this screen include Refer a friend, contact Customer support, and Log out of your account.
Once a room is selected, you'll be able to exchange text or voice messages or files with your provider.If you are on the website, you can access the Room details by clicking on the 4 icons () on the top right of the room. From there, you can schedule a live session, access your starred messages, and review your provider.
- Live sessions scheduler - schedule live sessions with your provider.
- Clinical progress - you and your provider can work together to establish goals and objectives to guide your therapy sessions. To help track your symptoms, your provider can also send you a recurring assessment every 3 weeks for you to complete.
- Exercises (app only) - follow short exercises to alleviate stress and improve your coping skills.