Insurance and Billing
Is Talkspace covered by insurance?
Over 40 million Americans are now covered through their insurance. Check your eligibility and see what you can save.
Talkspace now partners with a number of U.S. health plans to provide online therapy to employees through employee assistance programs (EAP) and behavioral health benefits.
For more information regarding eligibility please see this link: talkspace.com/insurance
If you are an existing customer and want to see if you are covered:
- Go to your Account Settings
- Scroll to the Eligibility And Coverage section
- Click on Check my coverage
It will walk you through the process of verifying/getting started for your coverage.
- New room created: A new room will be created if you are eligible and complete the process
- Matching with existing provider: If you have any trouble matching with your original provider, please reach out to our Customer Support team
- Please be sure to select a therapist at the end of the process to finish making a new room before you reach out.
- In a limited amount of cases your existing provider may not be available to provide service, due to conflict of interest with the health plan, etc.
- You will need to Stop Subscription Renewal on your existing paid plan in order cancel the existing subscription.
Flexible Spending Account / Health Saving Account:
If Talkspace is not covered by your insurance, it may be helpful to know that some Talkspace customers use a credit card or debit card for their subscription and then submit the bill to their Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Saving Account (HSA) plan administrator.
We recommend you check in with your FSA/HSA provider to confirm what information they may need to accept the bill.
- Please email our customer support team if you'd like an itemized receipt.
Do you accept Medicare or Medicaid?
Unfortunately, Talkspace is currently not available through Medicare or Medicaid.
However, we do partner with a number of health plans to provide Talkspace to employees, either through employee assistance programs (EAPs) or behavioral health benefits. Contact your benefits department or call Member Services on the back of your insurance card to see if you qualify.
What is the refund policy?
Talkspace is committed to offering everyone the best possible experience with our platform and therapists. If you’re ever not satisfied, you can request a new therapist through your account settings.
Talkspace acts as a conduit to arrange professional services, and those services are paid to the therapists through their Therapist Agreement with Talkspace. Generally refunds for unused time are not granted because the therapists charge for time that is scheduled to be used, much like other medical professionals. However, customer service reviews refunds on a case-by-case basis in conjunction with the therapists. We make accommodations if unique or legal circumstances (medical, death, disability, court orders, etc.) dictate the reason for the refund request. If a refund is not granted, usually we are able to make accommodations some other way such as a credit for future service.
If there is something you believe we could do differently to improve your Talkspace experience, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How am I billed?
You are initially charged on the first day you join Talkspace. Your plan will renew exactly one month from your first day or your last renewal.
When is my next billing date?
You can view your billing date by doing the following:
- Log into our website directly at www.talkspace.com using a web browser
- Once logged in, click on your username in the upper right corner. That will bring up a menu. Select "My Account"
- From there, you will find your next billing date listed underneath “Billing Cycle” in the “Rooms” section
I only paid once, why am being billed again?
All plans renew automatically unless you decide to cancel via your “My Account” settings beforehand. This is stated when you selected a plan, before you were matched with a therapist.
What forms of payment does Talkspace accept?
We accept all major debit/credit cards. We unfortunately cannot accept PayPal, checks or bank transfers at this time.