Is Talkspace covered by insurance?
Over 40 million Americans are now covered through their insurance. Check your eligibility and see what you can save.
Talkspace now partners with a number of U.S. health plans to provide online therapy to employees through employee assistance programs (EAP) and behavioral health benefits.
For more information regarding eligibility please see this link: talkspace.com/insurance
If you are an existing customer and want to see if you are covered:
- Go to your Account Settings
- Scroll to the Eligibility And Coverage section
- Click on Check my coverage
It will walk you through the process of verifying/getting started for your coverage.
- New room created: A new room will be created if you are eligible and complete the process
- Matching with existing provider: If you have any trouble matching with your original provider, please reach out to our Customer Support team
- Please be sure to select a therapist at the end of the process to finish making a new room before you reach out.
- In a limited amount of cases your existing provider may not be available to provide service, due to conflict of interest with the health plan, etc.
- You will need to Stop Subscription Renewal on your existing paid plan in order cancel the existing subscription.
Flexible Spending Account / Health Saving Account:
If Talkspace is not covered by your insurance, it may be helpful to know that some Talkspace customers use a credit card or debit card for their subscription and then submit the bill to their Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Saving Account (HSA) plan administrator.
We recommend you check in with your FSA/HSA provider to confirm what information they may need to accept the bill.
- Please email our customer support team if you'd like an itemized receipt.
Do you accept Medicare or Medicaid?
Unfortunately, Talkspace is currently not available through Medicare or Medicaid.
However, we do partner with a number of health plans to provide Talkspace to employees, either through employee assistance programs (EAPs) or behavioral health benefits. Contact your benefits department or call Member Services on the back of your insurance card to see if you qualify.