About Our Service
What is Talkspace about?
Talkspace's mission is to provide more people with convenient access to licensed providers who can help those in need to live a happier and healthier life! Our goal is to make therapy available and affordable for all.
We created Talkspace not to replace traditional in-office therapy, but to provide the opportunity for more people to utilize and benefit from therapy, and overcome their day-to-day challenges in a stigma-free environment.
Click here to learn more about our service!
How does Talkspace therapy work?
Therapy that's there whenever you need it!
Every Talkspace user has a secure, private “room” to communicate with their provider in. Your room is available 24/7, so you never have to wait to share what’s on your mind. You can send text, video, or voice messages to your provider whenever something comes up — whether you’re commuting, at the office, or lying in bed. Your provider will see your messages and respond to you throughout the day. (Though if you’re sending messages at 3 AM, you might have to wait until they wake up!)
All communications in your Talkspace room are protected and fully encrypted. You can also set a unique passcode on our mobile app for added security.
We also offer live video sessions, where you and your provider can schedule an appointment in chat face-to-face (virtually of course)!
Learn more about what Talkspace can do for you.
Does Talkspace offer services in languages other than English?
We primarily offer our services in English, but depending on your location, we may have a provider who speaks your preferred language.
When you are in the free consultation with a matching provider, the two of you can discuss whether there is a provider who speaks your preferred language in your state before signing up.
How do I offer Talkspace to my employees as a benefit/perk?
Talkspace provides a comprehensive virtual support program for those seeking emotional and well-being needs, including stress, anxiety, and relationships. We've worked with countless businesses to improve workplace mental health and wellness!
You too can offer Talkspace services to your employees - fill out this form to request a demo today!
Learn more about Talkspace for Business.
How do I sign up for Talkspace?
Signing up for Talkspace is easy! Just follow these steps:
- Go to our homepage and click Get Started, or download our mobile app (iOS or Android).
- Enter your email address, create a password, and choose a unique username.
Once logged into your new account, you’ll be taken to a private room where you will be paired with a consulting therapist; they'll be able to give you a good idea of what Talkspace can do for you, discuss our subscription options, and ultimately help match you with your primary Talkspace provider.
Learn more about how to start on your path to mental wellness with us:
Are there any long-term contracts?
There are no contracts or long-term commitments. We believe that change happens over time, and the best results come about during a long-term relationship with a provider. Our subscriptions are set to automatically renew and can be canceled at any time through your account settings.
Does Talkspace support veterans?
Talkspace is proud to support veterans & their families.
We believe that every veteran deserves to have access to affordable, confidential therapy. The stress of combat can persist during and long after your service has ended. These emotions affect you and your loved ones, and can be remedied in therapy with the help of a licensed professional.
For more info on how Talkspace supports veterans, visit our webpage.
Is online therapy really effective?
Absolutely! Over the last decade, numerous research studies have shown the effective potential of online therapeutic conversation.
Is patient progress slower in online therapy?
No! Myriad of studies demonstrates messaging therapy can be as effective as traditional therapy for the treatment of the most common emotional and behavioral health issues such as depression, anxiety, substance abuse, stress, PTSD, and more.
You will find below a good start for showing the breadth of the telemedicine and online medicine field:Effectiveness of Online Therapy
Online vs Traditional TherapyConditions Treated by Online Therapy
- A comprehensive review and a meta-analysis of the effectiveness of internet-based psychotherapeutic interventions
- Distance Therapy Comes of Age
- Home telemental health implementation and outcomes using electronic messaging
- Outcomes of 98,609 U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Patients Enrolled in Telemental Health Services, 2006–2010
- Internet-based and other computerized psychological treatments for adult depression: A meta-analysis
- Internet-versus group-administered cognitive behaviour therapy for panic disorder in a psychiatric setting: a randomised trial
- Mobile Assessment and Treatment for Schizophrenia (MATS): a pilot trial of an interactive text-messaging intervention for medication adherence, socialization, and auditory hallucinations
- Mobile phone technologies improve adherence to antiretroviral treatment in a resource-limited setting: a randomized controlled trial of text message reminders
- The cameroon mobile phone sms (CAMPS) trial: a protocol for a randomized controlled trial of mobile phone text messaging versus usual care for improving adherence to highly active anti-retroviral therapy
What kind of medications are prescribed on Talkspace?
Talkspace prescribers are able to prescribe all medications other than controlled substances.
Controlled substances include but are not limited to:
Can I use Talkspace if I am outside of the US?
Yes! Talkspace is available outside of the United States, so long as you are able to access our platform via the internet.
If you reside outside of the US, please keep in mind that our prices are in US dollars ($), and most of our providers reside in US time zones.
How do I contact Talkspace?
For any questions that you cannot find answers to within our FAQ page, feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com.